Curated from: Bon Apetite
With a texture somewhere between a latke and a pancake, these vegetarian fritters are also gluten-free.
- 4 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 pound carrots (about 8 medium), peeled, coarsely grated
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons (or more) olive oil, divided
- 1 cup plain whole yogurt
- 1 cup spicy greens (such as baby mustard greens, watercress, or arugula)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
Mix eggs, carrots, cilantro, and chickpea flour in a large bowl (mixture will be loose); season with kosher salt and pepper.
Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat. Scoop two ½-cupfuls of carrot mixture into skillet, pressing each to ½” thickness. Cook, rotating skillet occasionally for even browning, until pancakes are golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Repeat to make 2 more pancakes, adding more oil to skillet if needed.
Meanwhile, season yogurt with kosher salt and pepper. Toss greens with lemon juice and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil; season with kosher salt and pepper.
Serve carrot pancakes with salad and salted yogurt, seasoned with sea salt and more pepper.